Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s Book of Lists
I’ve already shared with you Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s list of Critical Customer Service Skills their employees must have. That list was plucked verbatim from the EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS book which shares a deep-dive profile into the reasons why Enterprise has become a highly successful $9 billion dollar business.
There are many more worthwhile lists in the book which are ripe for any company to plug ‘n play into their business. Review the following lists, taken as is from the book, and determine which aspects your company should aspire to follow.
12-Steps to Building Relationships with Customers
1. Acknowledge the customer’s presence with a smile or handshake.
2. Be enthusiastic.
3. Always make eye contact.
4. Speak in a friendly manner.
5. If you know the customer’s name, use it in your greeting.
6. Listen actively and carefully without interrupting or allowing yourself to be distracted.
7. Offer solutions.
8. Provide unsolicited help (directions, maps, etc.)
9. Be positive in your comments [to customers].
10. Remember: It’s the customer’s perception that matters.
11. Try to anticipate the needs of customers. Always hurry to help.
12. Never use industry slang or terminology [with customers].
[source | EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS, pgs. 98-99]
8-Steps to Dealing with Angry Customers
1. Actively listen with an understanding attitude.
2. Record what the customer tells you.
4. Find out what the customer wants.
5. Propose a solution and attempt to get the customer’s buy-in.
6. If the customer doesn’t like your solution, ask them what a fair resolution would be.
7. Follow-up by calling your customer to ensure satisfaction.
8. Never let the customer lose face.
[source | EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS, pg. 100]
Eight Core Values
1. Our brand is the most valuable thing we own.
2. Personal honesty and integrity are the foundation of our success.
3. Customer service is our way of life.
4. Enterprise is a fun and friendly place, where teamwork rules.
5. We work hard … and we reward hard work.
6. Great things happen when we listen … to our customers and to one another.
7. We strengthen our communities one neighborhood at a time.
8. Our doors are open.
[source | EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS, pg. 199]
Top Reasons Employees Choose to Work at Enterprise
1. The opportunity for growth and promotion.
2. The company’s excellent reputation.
3. Enterprise’s customer-friendly focus.
4. Promotions based on performance rather than seniority.
5. The fact that Enterprise is a growing company and an industry leader.
6. Enterprise’s commitment to leadership.
7. The strength of Enterprise’s friendly, highly motivated workforce.
8. The company’s policy of promoting from within.
[source | EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS, pg. 90]